A note to our suppliers
During our first full year as a new company in 2016, we were very successful in achieving a strong customer order book and favorable market reputation around the world. We kept pace with industry changes, enhanced our strong brand and delivered on our promises to customers through our expertise, execution and passion.
Our goal is to bring our customers superior interior solutions for every market where they compete.
In 2017, we will build an even stronger YFAI brand, and transform how people experience vehicle interiors by creating the next living space where look, feel and function are seamlessly integrated.
Our company’s focus remains on the following: innovative products, flawless execution, and sustained growth through continuous improvement. To accomplish these objectives, we depend upon you, our supply base, to partner with us. You as our supplier are a key partner, as well as an important resource for Yanfeng Automotive Interiors.
We truly appreciate and value your strong commitment to that partnership.
|James Bos||Tao Wang|
|Vice President, Procurement||Vice President, Procurement|
April 28, 2017: An updated version of the Supplier Standards Manual is now available and can be located in the Supplier Expectations portion of this portal. The YFAI Global Supplier Standards Manual has been updated to reflect the requirements of the new release of IATF 16949. The updates are noted in red font and affect multiple sections in the manual. With these updates YFAI will have strengthened the linkages to the new IATF 16949 Standard.
Supplier Information & Forms
Our suppliers are key partners, as well as an important resource for Yanfeng Automotive Interiors. We rely on the competitive high-quality products and services provided by our suppliers.
Our supplier are key partners, as well an important resource for Yanfeng Automotive Interiors. Supplier communications is an interactive platform for communication between Yanfeng Interiors and our suppliers.
YFAI is pleased to provide information that was presented during the Supplier Expectations Day events that were held regionally in early 2017.
We rely on high-quality products and services provided by our suppliers. To meet the high standards of our customers Yanfeng Interiors expects our suppliers to meet the requirements outlined in our Supplier Standards Manual and other guidelines.
Supplier Standards Manual (pdf)
Global Supplier Assessment Form (xlsm)
YFAI Direct Offshore Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities (pdf)
YFAI Injection Mold Gage Responsibilities (pdf)
YFAI Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities (pdf)
YFAI-PS Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities (pdf)
YFAI Supplier Change Request Workbook (xls)
Terms and Conditions
Suppliers are required to adhere to the terms and conditions for the corresponding location of the Yanfeng Automotive Interiors facility where your products are shipped. Please contact your Yanfeng Interiors procurement representative for any questions regarding the terms and conditions applicable to you.
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (United States) (pdf)
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (Europe) (pdf)
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (Mexico) (pdf)
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (Canada) (pdf)
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (South Africa) (pdf)
YFAI Terms & Conditions of Purchase (Capital Equipment) (pdf)
As the world’s largest automotive interior systems manufacturer, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is committed to provide our customers a better life on board. This vision is at the core of every decision we make to ensure the future of mobility—from the inside.
YFAI delivers an experience in motion, and one way it’s achieved is through supplier diversity.
Click here to read our Statement of Commitment to Supplier Diversity
Is your business diverse-owned?
A diverse-owned business is defined as a company that is at least 51 percent owned and operated by one or more diverse groups (i.e., minority or non-minority women, veteran/disabled VET, LGBT).
We require all our diverse-owned suppliers to register onto our portal and to be third party certified by one of the following organizations:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- WE-Connect International
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
Working with Yanfeng
Follow these steps to register your business and connect with YFAI:
- Get certified by one of our preferred organizations listed above
- Understand Yanfeng Automotive Interiors business and what value your company can provide.
- Register in our supplier portal at: https://yfai.quantumsds.com
We participate at many industry events
- APACC East-West Business Connection, March 8 – Dearborn MI
- WBENC Summit & Salute, March 21-23 – New Orleans, LA
- WEConnect International Symposium, March 29-31 – Washington, DC
- BMW Networking Event, April 6 – Greenville, South Carolina
- WBC-Great Lakes Annual Awards, April 27 – Novi, MI
- MMSDC Golf & Procurement Fair, May 2-4 – Detroit, MI
- WBENC Annual Conference, June 20-23 – Vegas, NV
- General Motors Supplier Connections, August 9 – Warren MI
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Matchmaker, September 21 – Auburn Hills, MI
- Great Lakes WBC Conference, September 26-27 – Novi, MI
- NMSDC Annual Conference, October 22-25 – Detroit, MI
- NVBDC Conference, November 7-8 – Detroit, MI
- Toyota Opportunity Exchange, November 9 – Detroit, MI
- MMSDC Awards, December 8 – Detroit, MI
Yanfeng Global Automotive Interiors has been internationally recognized for our supplier diversity process and program.
- Named Corporation of the Year by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996
- Corporation of the Year – National Minority Supplier Development Council: 2008, 2003
- Global Link Award for International Supplier Diversity, National Minority Supplier Development Council, 2014
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Supplier of the Year Award for Supplier Diversity 2012
- Chrysler Corporation Role Model Award for Diverse Supplier Procurement Initiatives 1995 and 1997
Tier 2 Expectations
Growing and maintaining a diverse supply chain is a business imperative. This is why we expect our supply base to adopt supplier diversity best practices into their own procurement process.
The following are measured annually through a supplier scorecard and recognition program:
- Submit an annual business plan to develop and increase diverse spend
- Report quarterly diverse spend with a 5% goal
- Identify an internal supplier diversity coordinator
- Become a national or regional member at one of our preferred organizations (see above)
- Active participation at industry outreach events and tradeshows
We facilitate Tier 2 business training sessions to help our suppliers achieve and exceed their diverse spend goals.
For more information please contact:
Jacinto Blanco—Manager of Supplier Diversity
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors expects our suppliers to conduct their operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner including compliance to all applicable laws and regulations.
In July 2010, US law: Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act began to be enforced . The new law imposes requirements relating to “Conflict Minerals”. Conflict minerals are “minerals mined in conditions of armed conflict and human rights abuses…” The law focuses on 4 Minerals which are source of Tantalum, Tin, Tungsten & Gold (often called as “3TG”). Automotive Industry issued official letter via AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) in 2011 which communicates expectations related to reporting and disclosure requirements for conflict minerals and human right abuses. Companies listed on NY SC (New York Stock Exchange) have duties to provide report to US authorities therefore customers e.g. Honda, Ford, GM, Toyota expect Conflict Minerals reporting from Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI). In order to meet our various customer’s expectations YFAI must collect relevant Conflict Minerals information from our supplier chain.
- Preferred response tool is iPCMP (iPont Conflict Minerals Platform) which Basic License is free of charge
- Supplier Contact Letter: communication of CM responsible person to YFAI-EC-ConflictMinerals@yfai.com
- CMRT Template: developed by Conflict Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI) for Conflict Minerals supply chain investigation
Resources & Links:
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Conflict Minerals
- YFAI Training Material for Conflict Minerals
Click this link to complete supplier sustainability rating.
Supplier interaction with certain applications ensures a comprehensive communication and is key to a strong relationship with Yanfeng Interiors.
How to become a supplier
A streamlined, sophisticated supply chain helps us create sustainable value and ensure our customers’ satisfaction. Recognizing that our suppliers are key links in that chain, we work to build and maintain lasting relationships with them.
Our worldwide suppliers are a strategically chosen group with a proven track record of quality, reliability and on-time delivery. They share our belief that mutual trust and high standards are essential to effective partnerships.
YFAI’s Global Supplier Standards Manual is our standardized, global approach to managing suppliers. It sets forth our expectations for ongoing collaboration and defines our policies and procedures.
If you currently do not do business with us today and if you would like to be contacted by our Procurement team, please complete and submit the following information.