At YFAI, we are dedicated to doing the right things at all times. This is how we will achieve our vision and mission. Doing the right things means acting with integrity and conducting our business in a fair, ethical and respectful manner. We believe that by adhering to the highest ethical standards, we not only strengthen our company, but also help to improve the communities where we operate our businesses.
We abide by our Code of Conduct and its twelve guiding principles. We also demand our supplier base to comply with our Code of Conduct or an equivalent policy. Our Code of Conduct requires that we comply with all applicable laws and regulations of all countries where we conduct business.
We are continually striving to make our business successful and sustainable. In doing this, we recognize the importance of the relationship with our customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities. The following principles enable us to achieve the sustainability of our businesses. Although these principles are not new to us, they are critical for us to stand for as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Child Labor
The employment of underage workers as defined by law in the countries where we operate is prohibited.
- Forced Labor
The use of forced labor, bonded, indentured or involuntary prison labor is prohibited. Any use or support of human trafficking in the labor force is forbidden.
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
We recognize and respect the voluntary freedom of association within the limits established by applicable laws. Where worker representation and collective bargaining are restricted by law, efforts will be made to facilitate open communication and receive employee concerns.
- Harassment and Discrimination
We will maintain workplaces free of physical or mental harassment, abuse, or any other behavior that diminishes a person’s integrity and self-esteem. The Company does not tolerate any discrimination or harassment in any forms, including that related to color, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, caste, disability, union membership, ethnicity, or religious beliefs.
Health and Safety
- We will identify, evaluate and control worker exposure to potential safety hazards through proper design, engineering and administrative controls, preventive maintenance and safe work procedures. Where hazards cannot be adequately controlled by these means, we will provide workers the proper personal protective equipment at no cost and ensure proper maintenance of the equipment.
- We will maintain appropriate emergency plans and response procedures, including emergency reporting, employee notification and evacuation procedures, training and drills, appropriate fire detection and suppression equipment, adequate exit facilities and recovery plans.
- We will manage, track and report occupational injuries and illnesses, including provisions to encourage worker reporting, classify and record injury and illness cases, provide necessary medical treatment, investigate and implement corrective actions to eliminate their causes and facilitate the return of workers to work.
- We will provide clean toilet facilities, access to potable water and sanitary food preparation and storage facilities.
- We will strive to minimize the adverse effects of our operations in the community and environment, while safeguarding the health and safety of the public.
- We will obtain, keep current and follow required environmental permits and registrations whenever required by the laws and regulations.
- We will implement programs to conserve water and energy and reduce waste.
- We will identify and manage the materials posing a hazard if released to the environment and ensure safe handling, movement, storage, recycling or reuse and disposal.
- We will monitor, treat and control air emissions, wastewater and waste as required prior to discharge or disposal.
- We will adhere to applicable laws and contract requirements regarding prohibition or restriction of specific substances, materials and waste.
Bribery and Corruption
- Corruption in any form, includes extortion and embezzlement, bribery, or other means of obtaining undue or improper advantage is strongly prohibited.
- Under no circumstances we will tolerate the giving or receiving of money, gifts, favors or anything of value to improperly influence the behavior of any other individual, organization, government officials or authority in furtherance of commercial or personal advantage.
- We will strive to ensure fair business, advertising and competition.
Confidentiality and Non-retaliation
- We properly protect business, customer and personal information and intellectual property rights in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and prevailing industry practices.
- We properly Protect third party and employee whistleblower confidentiality and prohibit retaliation against any report made in good faith.
- We are committed to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and encourage employees to participate in such activities and give back to society.
- We encourage our employees to participate in environmental stewardship, social service and education projects in their local communities.
Our vision: Create a better life on board through superior automotive interior solutions. We hope the success and development of our business will bring a better life to everyone that is connected. Employees are encouraged to raise any concern regarding this Policy by speaking to their supervisor, Human Resources, Legal and Compliance or by using the 24-hour Integrity Helpline. (http://www.yfai.ethicspoint.com/)